Saturday, April 18, 2009

Love the Holidays!




I just love it when we are on holidays. Lots of time for things like bike riding, walking/training Mr. Aldo Vini, our lovely dog and even a day of indoor rock climbing! (I want a go next time) Maeve is off her Training Wheels – YAY! – And we have even finally had a sticky beak at Federation Square in Melbourne’s CBD. Thank goodness we have also had our slack days too, days of staying in PJ’s until well after lunch. Ahh, heaven!
We have achieved harmony…‘at times’…here in our household. That can be rare with a feisty 6 yr old girl and a thuggish 2 yr old boy, but, touch wood, they are a delight when it happens. After two weeks though, these smooth moments are few and far between, and I am now ready for school to start again.

Has anyone out there read ‘The Slap’? Let me know what you thought of it.
It was recommended to me and I found it extremely hard to put down. Here is a review;
http://www.readings.com.au/review/the-slap-christos-tsiolkas
Great read!



1 comment:

mom seeks life said...

Just stumbled across your blog and love your post about holidays - exactly how I feel, I just love them and although, like you, the harmony factor is kind of on the lowish side some days, it's still great to just hang out and feel free.