Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cocktail Party a dress up


I went to a dress up party recently and had a great time opp shopping for it. I loved putting on a decadent amount of make up, (like in my olden days of hairdressing) and coming up with special touches, such as the Anzac Poppies, strategically placed. I did tell the party folks, on arrival, that I preformed at RSL's, hmmm... (I just like to say I mean no offence to 'Anzac Day' by wearing the poppies as I did, we all are supportive of the 'diggers' and honouring their memory)
It was pretty quickly after arriving at the cocktail party, I felt like I had taken the 'dress up' theme too seriously. But, do you know what, I didn't care really, I had enjoyed getting into the gear.
What I love in a dress up party is when people feel free to leave their 'normal' 'persona' and get creative about what/who they become. So anyway - here is my discount $7 wig (I did cut the wig hair into bob -I used to be a hairdresser you know)

P.S. If I was 'fit' and 'young' I think I would be keen to join the roller derby chicks! They look so cool.
P.P.S. Geoff has never taken so many pictures of me... flattered but....hmm!!!
Guaranteed Geoff will be more conscious of me knowing this, hanging heaps on him for this! Maybe next holiday it might appear that I was actually there with them...
P.P.P.S. Actually I am the worst for agreeing to have my photo taken!
chele x

No comments: