Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday's Hot+Not

It's Wednesday and time again for Loobylu's Hot+Not list.
Play along with us if you are not already, its good fun!
I am really enjoying reading other people Hots and I am relating heavily to their Nots!

HOT -

My Husqvarna 2000 Sewing machine, it's an oldie but a goodie! You can lower the gears so it sews through extra thick folded fabric or even leather.
This is really a great feature.
Also I now know how to loosen the tension on the foot for free hand sewing. Yay! After seeing Gina's Pear napkins, I've been thinking I might have a go with some tea towels?

Backyard chooks - I love our chooks so much, they give us beautiful little eggs and they are they cutest creature to watch. I talk to mine.
If you are thinking of getting some chooks yourself but are not sure how well they will work in your yard why not rent them...if you are in Melbourne, Deb at book a chook rents houses and chooks. I get our pretty Pekin Bantams here.

My old ted and our
Stereograph viewer - Ted was a present 42 years ago, he's old but hot.
The Stereograph viewer is a wonderful old curiosity. When you look through the view finder at the two, almost identical 2 dimensional pictures, your brain reads this visual information and sees one 3 dimensional image. For more information on Stereograph here.


Steriograph viewer and my old teddy

NOT -

String - Or lack of it! I Can't find the right string for the legs on my birds - Spotlight have stopped selling the old string/cord I once used. I'd like a natural color that is twisted neatly, like this, if anyone knows of such a thing in Melbourne I would be eternally grateful if you let me know.

Kids Lunch Boxes...they are never big enough. I have looked at so many and none seem to have enough room for all the bits! Also drink bottles, I was amazed when I borrowed on of my kids drink bottle one day and nearly sucked my nose inside out.

Busy Doctors - These days you just about need to make an appointment 1-2 weeks in advance of even getting sick, if you want to get in to see your doctor.

Home grown Bantam eggs, herbs and lemons

Have a good end to your week! Chele x

12 comments:

V for Violet said...

Hi, we have hens too but only one has starting laying so far and she seems to have stopped cos the others aren't doing it!! They are fun though - I let them out for the first time yesterday and they got soooo excited! x

Sarah said...

I love the old stereograph. I love old photos and quirky old bits of machinery, they made some pretty cool stuff back in the day didn't they?...And it always looked beautiful!

clare's craftroom said...

Hi Chele , I loved this post ! Aren't chooks great !

TopCat76 said...

your sewing machine sounds great, especially envious of that gear function!

lisa stubbs said...

the eggs look great I wish we had hens!

Amy Woo said...

I actually laughed out loud (and my boyfriend gave me a very funny look) when I read your comment about nearly sucking your nose inside out! What a beautiful choice of words!

Two Tuesdays said...

Definitely feeling the smallness of lunch boxes.

I would love a sewing machine like yours!

Happydacks said...

Thanks for the comments everyone,
I will try and find time to whip around net tonight?
Violet - that’s my daughters middle name!
Sarah - , Being a precursor to moving pictures, the effect of stereograph would have freaked people out.
Clare’s craft room - Oh Gosh, thanks xx!
Top cat 76 - I was actually thinking of getting a new machine but so glad I persevered and I got to know my machine.
Lisa - Chooks don’t need much room, try and factor them into your life sometime in the future.
A. WOO - I do love to dag it down…
Two Tuesdays – If I find a lunch box that does the job – I’ll write a really long and boring post on it!
Chele x

Lysh said...

I love your stereograph viewer and am envious of your chickens and the lovely fresh eggs. :)

Funnily enough, I saw a lovely post today with animations made from old japanese stereographs:
http://www.pinktentacle.com/2009/10/animated-stereoviews-of-old-japan/

Libbie said...

Kids lunch boxes are the worst! I couldn't agree more! :)

Nikki Cardigan said...

That is a really diverse list of "Hots" and I was nodding at your list of "Nots", especially the drink bottles!

Holly said...

I am totally with you there - old Husqvarnas rock!!!