Monday, November 23, 2009

A Finished Dress

Hand Made Dress

I had such high hopes to give some of our friends and family aged 3-8 a dress for Christmas...I really need to get moving! The fabrics I used are sheets and pillow cases from the opp shop!

simple cous-cous salad

Yummy simple Cous-cous salad - nice to make and have on hand for next couple of nights, we had ours with BBQ lamb, sage potatoes and a beetroot and rocket salad - yummm.
Ingredients - Fine chopped red onion, crumbled feta cheese, black olives pipped and torn up a little, lots of Lebanese cucumber, seeded and chopped, as much fresh mint as you can get your hands on, combine through cooked cooled cous-cous and drizzle with lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil. Garnished with garlic chive flowers and sprigs of mint.

Chele x

4 comments:

trixi said...

I love cous cous salad. I have been making Kurma's recipe for years now...SUPER delicious. The flowers in your photo don't look like the chive flowers I've seen??

Happydacks said...

They are "garlic" chive flowers, the leaves are quite diferent too - they grow taller and are narrow and flat.
Normal chives have a mass of little light purple flowers forming a ball shape.
Normal chives are much better - I think ;)!!
Chele x

M* (Melanie) said...

What a stunning dress! so pretty, I can see a little girl skipping through a field of wildflowers in that!

Cassandra Allen said...

I used to have an obsession with op-shopping for second-hand pillow cases, the patterns and colours and softness of the fabric get me every time. And this dress you made is so perfect, lovely combination. Well done.