Friday, April 23, 2010

Hello, hat weather where are you?



I made this warm hat for a good friend's little girl. It's made from a jumper I felted and have had tucked away forever. I have not done much with felted jumpers so far but, I am totally inspired by the fantastic ways people find to utilise unwanted woollen garments...not so pleased with the fact that 100% wool jumpers at op shops do not seem so cheap these days!
I am now in the process of making a pair of warm slippers for Fiann.
There are so many great ideas out there in Blogland about how to reconstruct with felted jumpers, this book is awesome.
Modeling today is my lovely old doll, Dolly, ok, not such an original name. She used to have one of those strings you pulled to make her speak, I still love her so much...I really must get her fixed!

2 comments:

m.e (Cathie) said...

very cute!
we have a doll called dolly aswell.
it's funny because people ask my 4yr old what her name is...hmmm..dolly.

trixi said...

I've been wanting to felt a jumper for quite a while now but can't seem to find any with colours I like at the op shop...I guess I'll just have to keep on looking!