Sunday, April 25, 2010

On a crafting roll

Shower caps waiting to be finished

I am determined that I will NOT buy any presents ever again, that I will hand make something for everyone...I am doing well so far!
The trick, I find, is to have a stash of things finished so I can not use the old “I did not have time to make something” excuse!
For our young friends recieving shower caps I have added a mini shower cap, especialy for their dolls with a tag with describing what it is...just in case they didn't guess they were shower caps. Here is a pile of little ones awaiting the elastic bit!
I followed Liesl's tutorial - it's in my side bar or -
http://hoppobumpo.blogspot.com/2008/09/tutorial-make-shower-cap.html
Liesl, aka Hoppo Bumpo, is also running a class making her shower caps inclusive of all materials, including a gorgeous piece of limited-edition, hand screenprinted Pippijoe fabric. Don't they look really swisho!!

T-shirt re-vamp

I am also vamping up a plain white t-shirt for Maeve, with a scrap of black fabric with a little bit of that double sided iron on 'stuff'
(I forget its name but it IS MAGIC - spotlight have it)
I sketched and cut out the silhouettes, ironed them on and now they are about to be stitched.
I think I had better change my machine's needle so it is nice and sharp, so hopefully I keep that neat sharp edge...bit worried about it messing up! Also have been toying with the idea of putting the black daisy trim around the sleeves. Is that overkill?
Maybe then I might make one for myself too, I think I'd wear that!!

We were hoping to go to the Anzac Day march in the city today to show our respect but alas we will be lucky just to leave the house!

I hope you have a warm weekend all you Melbourne people!
Michele xx

5 comments:

Susan L (lily40au) said...

It's such a great idea to get organised in advance. The shower caps are gorgeous.

Steph said...

Loving your shower cap fabric...and that top is lovely! Hope all is well in your world :)

Miss Prudence said...

I have chatted to Leisl about her shower caps but still have not had the courage to try her tutorial - I may just have to get brave....YES! Go with the dasies, the bunnies might look serious otherwise! Can't have serious bunnies!

Hope you are happy !

ecoMILF said...

Showercaps are a great idea and so much fun! Love that t-shirt print too! xo m.

Tania said...

I vote black daisy trim and I am wholeheartedly signed up to your making pressies pledge - except - HELP! Teenage boys????????????????!