Thursday, May 13, 2010

Towel Pants = Happydacks!! ?

Today I decided to work on a strange idea I have had for some time now. With our weather in Australia getting colder now, everyone seems to be, either, getting over or are right on the verge of some cold.
We love going to the swimming pool for lessons and we are lucky - its a great indoor/heated pool but, their 'warm water' is no way warm enough for a comfortable shower.
So today I made a pair of Pool Day - 'Towel Pants' I am hopful this makes the dash from pool to car to home easier. Just need a towel wrap top now!
Its quite a look I am forcing on my boy there but he seems to think its pretty normal. Nice!
If my kids don't end up as circus performers I will eat my boots!
I do love a happy pair of dacks!
Michele x

Baggy towel pants



Whether or not you are in this challenge, don't forget to have a peek at the wonderful innovative creations in the 'Kid's Clothing Challenge' -  flickr pool.

Lovely old towel

7 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Now they are the happiest pair of dacks I ever did see. Love 'em!

m.e (Cathie) said...

just think that everytime you see him wearing those happy pants you will definitely be smiling!
cute!!

trixi said...

Love those pants!

Susannah @ Art Nest said...

This is an innovation - LOVE IT! I'll wish my kids had some this afternoon after swim class :)
PS: what you said is true - you don't even want to see me fired up (LOL)!

Poppy said...

you are clever. i'm all thumbs when it comes to sewing. I've been known to staple to my clothes together.

Trula said...

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Lynds said...

Oh my goodness, if these aren't the funnest pants evah! What a brilliant idea to make (literal) towel pants for drives home! I'm adding this post to my inspiration folder, cause it's that awesome!